Amendments quiz The Answer
sheet is here...
- The first 10 amendments are known as the:
A. Articles B. Bill of Rights
C. Declaration D. Ex Post Facto Laws
- The First Amendment does not include which of the following?
of Speech B. Freedom of Religion C. The right to assemble D. The right to an
- This amendment gave citizens the right to bear arms:
A. first B. second
C. fourth D. sixth
- The 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects a person from what?
A. Right to bear arms B. Cruel and unusual punishment C. Eminent Domain D.
Unreasonable search and seizure
- If an accused woman "pleads the Fifth Amendment," she is
A. claiming to
be innocent of the charges. B. demanding a jury trial. C. refusing to
testify against herself in court. D. demanding a civil trial.
- The 10th Amendment states that any power not specifically given to the
federal government is reserved to .....
A. the states. B. the male citizens.
C. individual citizens. D. the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Which amendment defines citizenship, and guarantees due process and
equal protection of the law?
A. 13th Amendment B. 14th Amendment C. 15th
Amendment D. 16th Amendment
- The 15th Amendment, passed after the Civil War, made it illegal to deny
the right to vote based on
A. sex. B. race. C. property. D. age.
- Since ratification of the 17th Amendment (1913), how are United States
A. chosen by the House of Representatives B. directly
elected by the people C. chosen at random by the Senate D. appointed by the
- The 19th Amendment (1920) gave the right to vote (suffrage) to whom?
women B. all white males over eighteen C. Black males D. Naturalized
- According to the 22nd amendment, a person can be elected president of
the United States
A. No more than three times B. Only once C. As
often as he or she can win the election D. Only twice
- The 26th Amendment gives voting rights to which group of American
A. 21 year old males B. 17 year old females C. 35 year olds
D. 18 year olds